Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about collaboration.
Obtain & Administer Measures
PDFs of ASCQ-Me® measures need no preparation, are “respondent ready” and are available for free.
- Use the Search & View Measures to find the measure you want and download that specific PDF.
ASCQ-Me measures are copyrighted. All English versions of ASCQ-Me are publicly available for use in one’s individual research, clinical practice, educational assessment, or other application without licensing or royalty fees. Commercial users must seek permission to use, reproduce, or distribute measures. Integration into proprietary technology requires written permission. Read the ASCQ-Me Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.
ASCQ-Me measures can be administered in two ways:
- On paper (short forms only)
- By computer
ASCQ-Me Computer Adaptive Tests (CATs) require computer administration. ASCQ-Me CATs and short forms are available in:
- REDCap: a secure web application for building and managing online surveys. Learn more>>
- Assessment CenterSM: a web-based data collection platform. Learn more>>
- Assessment Center Application Programming Interface (API): an API connects your data collection software application with the full library of PROMIS measures including CATs. Learn more>>
Best Practices in Administration
- ASCQ-Me self-report measures are intended to be completed by the respondent without help from anyone else.
- Keep respondents’ privacy in mind, but have staff readily available to help with any technology issues that may arise.
- It is acceptable for staff to define a term (e.g., “nausea”), but not to define a concept where the respondent’s subjective interpretation is the goal of the question (e.g., “quality of life”).
- Utilize the same method (e.g., computer, telephone or paper) and mode (e.g., self vs. interviewer) of administration.
- In clinical settings, give respondents the optimal time needed to provide complete data at the appropriate time (e.g., before/after clinician visits, or in between visits). This may depend on the study aims and/or clinic work flow.
- The text and responses of ASCQ-Me items cannot be altered in any way and still be considered ASCQ-Me items. All modifications require written permission. In cases where permission is granted, an evaluation of the impact of approved modifications is expected. Contact email@example.com and read the ASCQ-Me Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.