Obtain & Administer Measures
NIH Toolbox® Cognition, Emotion, Motor, and Sensation measures are available through the NIH Toolbox iPad App. PDFs of NIH Toolbox Emotion measures need no preparation, are “respondent ready,” and are available for free in paper form.
- Use the NIH Toolbox iPad App to access all measures.
- Use the Search & View Measures to find a PDF of an Emotion measure or watch a demonstration video of a Cognition, Motor, or Sensation measure.
NIH Toolbox measures are copyrighted. Read the NIH Toolbox Terms and Conditions of Use here.
NIH Toolbox measures are best administered in the NIH Toolbox iPad App:
- Uses an iPad with a test administrator
- A free trial is available
- Subscription cost for continued access
Learn to Administer NIH Toolbox Measures
NIH Toolbox administration of Cognition, Motor, and Sensation measures requires training. Training resources include:
Procuring Permission for Use
- Access to Cognition measures require approval. Approval is granted to researchers and clinicians with knowledge of how to use neuropsychological tests.
- To request permission, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Request for Access” in the subject line.
Guidelines for Geriatric Assessment
The NIH Toolbox team developed a guide for assessment of elderly adults. Read Principles of Geriatrics Assessment here.
The NIH Toolbox iPad App has hardware and software requirements. Read about them at the NIH Toolbox Support Center.