PROMIS® (Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System) is a set of person-centered measures that evaluates and monitors physical, mental, and social health in adults and children. It can be used with the general population and with individuals living with chronic conditions.
Why Use PROMIS?
- Developed and validated with state-of-the-science methods to be psychometrically sound and to transform how life domains are measured
- Designed to enhance communication between clinicians and patients in diverse research and clinical settings
- Created to be relevant across all conditions for the assessment of symptoms and functions
- Available in multiple formats and easily integrated into diverse data collection tools. Try the PROMIS CAT Demo>>
- Translations available in Spanish and many other languages
HealthMeasures is the official information and distribution center for PROMIS, Neuro-QoL, NIH Toolbox®, and ASCQ-Me®, which were developed and evaluated with National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding.
PROMIS, Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System, and the PROMIS logo are marks owned by the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services.