HealthMeasures are currently available in Epic.
Epic provides an electronic health record (EHR) used by many healthcare organizations. A limited number of PROMIS® short forms have been available in Epic since 2012. Institutions using the Epic 2017 or more recent versions have access to more measures including computer adaptive tests (CATs). Learn more about Epic>>
PROMIS Measures in Epic
- PROMIS CAT v2.0 – Ability to Participate in Social Roles & Activities
- PROMIS CAT v1.1 – Anger
- PROMIS CAT v1.0 – Anxiety
- PROMIS CAT v1.0 – Depression
- PROMIS CAT v2.0 – Emotional Support
- PROMIS CAT v1.0 – Fatigue
- PROMIS Scale v1.2 – Global Health
- PROMIS CAT v1.1 – Pain Interference
- PROMIS CAT v2.0 – Physical Function
- PROMIS CAT v1.0 – Sleep Disturbance
- PROMIS CAT v1.0 – Sleep-Related Impairment
- PROMIS CAT v2.0 – Social Isolation
- PROMIS CAT v2.0 – Upper Extremity
- PROMIS-29 v2.1 Profile
- PROMIS Pediatric CAT v2.0 – Asthma Impact
- PROMIS Pediatric CAT v2.0 – Depressive Symptoms
- PROIMS Pediatric CAT v2.0 – Fatigue
- PROMIS Pediatric CAT v1.0 – Life Satisfaction
- PROMIS Pediatric CAT v1.0 – Meaning and Purpose
- PROMIS Pediatric CAT v2.0 – Mobility
- PROMIS Pediatric CAT v1.0 – Pain Behavior
- PROMIS Pediatric CAT v2.0 – Pain Interference
- PROMIS Pediatric CAT v1.0 – Physical Stress Experiences
- PROMIS Pediatric CAT v1.0 – Psychological Stress Experiences
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v2.0 – Anxiety
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v2.0 – Asthma Impact
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v2.0 – Depressive Symptoms
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v2.0 – Fatigue
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v1.0 – Meaning and Purpose
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v2.0 – Mobility
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v1.0 – Pain Behavior
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v2.0 – Pain Interference
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v2.0 – Peer Relationships
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v1.0 – Physical Activity
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v1.0 – Physical Stress Experiences
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v1.0 – Psychological Stress Experiences
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v1.0 – Positive Affect
- PROMIS Parent Proxy CAT v2.0 – Upper Extremity
Additional fixed-length short forms for adult and pediatric patients, as well as parent proxy respondents.
More HealthMeasures Are Coming to Epic
Epic is committed to adding over 400 HealthMeasures. Check back for updates.
In-clinic and Remote Data Collection
- Patients can access measures via MyChart and the MyChart smartphone app.
- Clinic staff can use Hyperspace to access a measure to be completed by a patient without requiring MyChart login.
- Epic provides end-to-end workflows for the deployment, collection, review, and analysis of patient-reported outcome measures.
- Measures can be assigned to patients ad hoc or in a planned, automated manner.
- Clinicians can review an individual’s responses over time in the patient’s chart.
- Scores can be trended in a synopsis view along with other clinical data.
- Individual responses can be viewed.
- Red-flag question answers such as a positive response to suicidal ideation can be set up to trigger real-time notifications to appropriate resources like a crisis intervention team. MyChart can also provide real-time guidance such as instructing patient to call 911 if responses need immediate medical attention.
- Measure scores can be aggregated across patients in conjunction with clinical information providing a rich database for analysis.
Access HealthMeasures in Epic
- PROMIS CATs are available through Epic’s App Orchard.
- The expanded library of HealthMeasures is available to Epic licensees using 2017 or more recent versions. An organization needs to pay an annual license fee for access to the library. With the license, there are no limits on the number of measures used or the number of people within your organization who can use HealthMeasures. Check with your local Epic IT team to learn what version of Epic you use and if the license has been procured. License fees are used to provide product, technical and scientific support, curate existing measures, add new measures, and upload prioritized translations.
- As new HealthMeasures become available, they will also be integrated into Epic version 2017 and above. For comprehensive information regarding all the measures your organization has made available, consult with your local Epic IT team. If you are interested in adding other patient-reported outcome measures to Epic, work with your your local Epic MyChart Technical Services point person.
- See the “Setup and Support Guide” for the Epic PROMIS app. This document is on a protected space on the Epic User Web (https://galaxy.epic.com/?#Browse/page=1!68!50!1274735). Access requires an Epic user name and password. The guide includes technical configuration requirements. Reference Epic release note #557608.
- The PROMIS Implementation Guide for Technical Personnel document contains additional instructions on customizing and automating a synopsis report. Learn more>>
- If your institution is currently using Epic 2017 or above and you are interested in administering a HealthMeasures not listed, please contact your local Epic MyChart Technical Services point person and let us know (help@HealthMeasures.net).
Talk with your local Epic team to learn more!