Cerner (www.cerner.com) provides an electronic health record (EHR) used by many healthcare organizations. Self-report HealthMeasures are being integrated into Cerner as part of a National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) grant. The multi-site grant, “EHR Access to Seamless Integration of PROMIS® (EASI-PRO)” was awarded to Northwestern University, University of Chicago, University of Illinois Hospitals and Clinics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, University of Florida Health, University of Utah, Harvard Catalyst Clinical and Translational Science Institute, and Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute.
- Order PROMIS computer adaptive tests (CATs) and short forms available through the Assessment Center API for adults and pediatric patients
- Administer measures to patients within the Patient Portal
- View individual patient’s responses and scores over time
- View trended scores in graph form
- Notify patients of ordered measures not yet completed
- End-to-end workflows for the deployment, collection, review, and analysis of PROMIS measures
Patients can complete assessments through:
- Cerner’s HealtheLife patient portal accessed online or via web
- PROMIS CATs, Profiles, and Global Health Scale
- Adult and pediatric self-report, and parent proxy report for pediatric patients
- English and Spanish translations
- Use of Cerner Millennium 2018.01 with FHIR Ignite APIs
- Cerner Millennium domain configuration (per site)
- Locally secured architecture: Acquisition and installation of local servers for Assessment Center API, the application server, and FHIR Servers
- Implementation and Configuration guides are in development. Learn more>>
- EASIPRO is a pilot effort funded by the National Institutes of Health National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences grant U01TR001806. Local Cerner IT teams will need to provide support for this application.
- In the future, EASIPRO resources will be made available to other institutions.
- Learn more>>
Check back for more details about HealthMeasures availability within Cerner software.