ASCQ-Me

ASCQ-MeSM (Adult Sickle Cell Quality of Life Measurement Information System) is a patient-reported outcome measurement system that evaluates and monitors the physical, mental, and social well-being of adults with sickle cell disease (SCD).

Single-Item Scores

More
1 year 5 months ago #560
nanrothrock replied the topic: Single-Item Scores

This is a great question! One of the advantages of using the HealthMeasures Scoring Service is that it can generate a score for any item that has item-level calibrations. That is, if an item is part of an item bank, you can administer anywhere from 1 to all of the items and produce a score. Obviously, administration of a single item will produce a larger error term than the administration of multiple items. Be sure that the precision of the measure is matched to how you intend to use the score.

To use the HealthMeasures Scoring Service for a single item, select "Custom Short Form." You will then be prompted to identify the item bank that is the source of this item. For ASCQ-Me, this includes Emotional Impact, Pain Impact, Sleep Impact, Social Functioning Impact, and Stiffness Impact. For ASCQ-Me, the item banks are labeled as CATs. Then, upload your raw response data following the usual HealthMeasures Scoring Service instructions. When you receive the scored file by mail, it will also include a log file. This will show you what items were used to calculate a score.

To learn more about the HealthMeasures Scoring Service, navigate to the Calculate Scores page on this site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #559
San Keller created the topic: Single-Item Scores

I administered just one item from each of the ASCQ-Me short forms. Can I obtain a score for each domain based on those single items? If so, how would I do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: HealthMeasures