Assessment Center

Assessment Center is a data collection system that includes all HealthMeasures.

Submitting data to the Assessment Center

More
2 years 11 months ago #277
TheresaColes replied the topic: Submitting data to the Assessment Center

I submitted data to the assessment center (for 6-item custom PROMIS Sleep Disturbance scoring) as suggested below and the scores did not come out as expected (e.g., very weak correlations between sleep disturbance, anxiety, depression, etc). I think I had an older version of the PDFed item bank because I checked the item bank this morning and the item-level response choices on the PROMIS Sleep Disturbance item bank had different numeric scores than the PDF version I was using. The zip file date on the version I was using was April 25, 2016 and the date modified on the PDF file was January 26, 2015. The latest zip file version available in the Assessment Center website is dated November 1, 2016 and the PDF file was dated April 28 2016 in the file name.

Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by TheresaColes. Reason: I noticed that the dates in the files didn't line up with the zip file dates, so I wanted to make sure readers were aware of which versions didn't match.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #271
HealthMeasures replied the topic: Submitting data to the Assessment Center

The Scoring Service expects that the item IDs and response options are exact matches to what you see in the PDF of the measure. In the case of a custom short form, the PDF of the full item bank should be used as your guide. If an item has 1=Never in that document, that is what you should use in the raw data you upload. If it has an item with 5=Never, use that in the raw data file you upload.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #270
TheresaColes replied the topic: Submitting data to the Assessment Center

Hi Christa,
Thank you for this! I watched the video and read the manual. What I'm still unclear on is that the PROMIS Sleep Disturbance item bank does not have reverse-scored items, but the PROMIS Sleep Disturbance short forms (which include items from the item bank) include items that are reverse-scored. According to the video, I should enter patient responses that are identical to what is displayed in the PDFed instruments on HealthMeasures.net.. Since I'm working with a custom short form (items that are slightly different than the short forms already posted), I'm confused if this means that I should submit non-reverse scored items to the assessment center. If I enter the non-reverse scored items as listed in the item bank documentation, will the scoring service know to reverse score them to calculate the final t-score?
Thank you! -Theresa

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #265
christa.martens replied the topic: Submitting data to the Assessment Center

Hi Theresa,

I can't speak to your custom form specifically, but there are some helpful youtube videos about the new HealthMeasures scoring service that's powered by Assessment Center, which I assume is what you're using. Here's a detailed tutorial on using the scoring service. It also has helpful information about scoring custom tools:

Hope this is helpful for you!

Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by christa.martens.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #264
TheresaColes created the topic: Submitting data to the Assessment Center

Hi everyone,
I'm using PROMIS Sleep Disturbance items and submitted a 6-item custom short form for scoring to the Assessment Center. The PROMIS Sleep Disturbance item bank includes some items with higher scores indicating worse sleep disturbance, and some items with lower scores indicating worse sleep. Should I reverse-score these items before submitting them to the assessment center so that higher scores indicate worse sleep disturbance for all items? Or, should I submit non-reverse-scored items to the Assessment Center for scale scoring?
Thank you!

Moderators: HealthMeasures