HealthMeasures Pricing

In July 2016, HealthMeasures announced a new, sustainable pricing model. If you have general questions or comments, please post them here and a HealthMeasures expert will respond to you shortly.

Commercial License Fee

• justin.jones
2 years 3 months ago #473
justin.jones replied the topic: Commercial License Fee

Thank you for your inquiry! My name is Justin. I'm a project manager in the Department of Medical Social Sciences at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine. Our department oversees the scientific activity of PROMIS and the three additional measurement systems (NIH Toolbox, Neuro-QoL, and ASCQ-Me) housed here at HealthMeasures.net.

To your query, any licensing will depend on several factors.

If you plan to use only English language PDFs freely available under the Search & View Measures function on HealthMeasures.net, only intend to use them in paper-and-pencil administration format, only intend to use them for a single project, do not intend to distribute them to others outside of the purpose of the singular project, and do not intend to integrate them into a proprietary data capture system not designed by our department, then you are free to proceed. If your client would prefer a license regardless of meeting these criteria, email help@healthmeasures.net, and we will be happy to assist.

As you stated that this is a global clinical trial, I assume you will need translations, however. For that, you will need to email help@healthmeasures.net, and copy our head of translations, Helena Correia (helena-correia@northwestern.edu), and me (justin.jones@northwestern.edu). We provide translations license agreements to all interested parties. Below, I've provided a bit more information, including information on pricing.

If your request includes languages for which we already possess the translations, or those translations are currently in process by other companies or researchers, we charge a $750/questionnaire/language distribution fee. In other words, if you request the PROMIS Pain Interference 6a in Dutch, German, Spanish, and Hungarian, all of those are presently available, and your charge would be $3000. (To see what translations are currently available in your domain of interest, visit www.healthmeasures.net/explore-measureme...ailable-translations .)

If your request includes languages for which we do not already possess the translations or that are not currently in process, we can grant you the right to translate any items which have not already been translated. For this, we perform a detailed, item-by-item review of what has and has not been translated into the requested language(s). Our protocol does not allow more than one certified translation of any item; therefore, this review is necessary. We would then provide a custom quote of costs to you, which includes any distribution fees for available languages plus our costs associated with translations. Note: we do not provide the actual translation service (though we can recommend vendors if you do not have existing relationships with any), but we have costs associated with pre-translation and post-translation review, which we recuperate through a cost recovery model. The cost recovery model has no profit motive but ensures the financial resources required to make HealthMeasures sustainably available to users around the world.

Thank you for your interest in PROMIS! We look forward to working with you.

Justin Jones

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #472
ajones created the topic: Commercial License Fee

Hello, I work for a CRO and we have a commercial client who is interested in using the PROMIS Pain Interference surveys in a global clinical trial. Can you provide information on commercial licensing fees for just the PDFs of the surveys? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: HealthMeasures