Use of the HealthMeasures iOS App

The NIH Toolbox® iPad App provides access to the NIH Toolbox for Assessment of Neurological and Behavioral Function, a standard set of tools for assessing cognitive, emotional, motor and sensory function.

Is is possible to buy the App for 3 years in advance?

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #740
Julie Hook replied the topic: Is is possible to buy the App for 3 years in advance?

Thank you for the clarification. The app is free to download and to take a look at the measures, but to be able to score tests and store data, you have to purchase an annual subscription (or in-app purchase).

Please note that I do not work for Apple and cannot speak on their behalf. I also don't know what was being referred to as 'billing' in your exchange with Apple. From my first hand experience, developers who use Apple's store to sell their app, do not handle the direct exchange of money for in-app purchases. Developers set a price, but Apple collects the payment and takes a percentage of sale for their services. To learn more, about Apple's role in subscriptions (as in-app purchases) please see: developer.apple.com/in-app-purchase/

Options which may help to address your issue include:
1. Add money to the Apple ID associated with the account that you intend to purchase the NIH Toolbox with
support.apple.com/en-us/HT208687
2. Purchase Apple App Store Gift Cards

We thank you again for your interest in using our measurement systems. Please contact our customer service center at Help@NIHToolbox.org for any additional questions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #736
aspectos replied the topic: Is is possible to buy the App for 3 years in advance?

Thank you very much for your reply. I called Apple and they said actually the app is "free" but the "in-app" purchase is not their billing, but would be controlled by NIH. So in this case, I was wondering if NIH would accept us having a credit for the purposes of paying forward the app in following years?

More
4 weeks 2 hours ago #732
Julie Hook replied the topic: Is is possible to buy the App for 3 years in advance?

Thank you for your interest in the NIH Toolbox app. All of our sales go through Apple's App Store and they control what is allowed with purchasing. To my knowledge there is, unfortunately, no way to pre-purchase three years of a subscription. We only have one pricing model and don't have discount for the purchase of three years.

Here is a link to Apple's Billing if needed. support.apple.com/billing

More
4 weeks 5 hours ago #731
aspectos created the topic: Is is possible to buy the App for 3 years in advance?

Hi, because of budget constraints, it would be beneficial to us to be able to purchase the subscription to the App for 3 years in advance. Is this possible? And is there a discount for doing so? Thank you.

Moderators: HealthMeasures