Implement in Research
HealthMeasures can be used in clinical research settings, including clinical trials, observational studies, and comparative effectiveness research.
Advantages of HealthMeasures
- Measures symptoms and functions important to patients and providers.
- Developed and validated with state-of-the-science methods to be psychometrically sound.
- Measures are brief and precise.
- Created to be relevant across health conditions and general population.
- Available in multiple formats and integrated into many administration platforms.
- Translations available in Spanish and other languages.
Case Studies of HealthMeasures in Research
HealthMeasures in Drug Development
HealthMeasures can be used as primary or secondary endpoints in clinical and observational studies on the effectiveness of treatment.
Considerations for Integration in Research Protocols
Many factors should be considered when integrating a HealthMeasure into a research protocol. We provide a series of questions to help you create your protocol.
Sample text to include a HealthMeasure in a grant proposal is also available.
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) acknowledges the importance of the PROMIS initiative with extensive funding opportunities
From PCORI’s first funding announcement through the middle of 2020, PCORI has awarded nearly $32 million to studies using PROMIS measures. In addition to a PROMIS-specific funding announcement in 2014 totaling $5 million in support, PCORI continues to recognize the importance of PROMIS by soliciting input on the future involvement of PROMIS’ methodology and measures within its research portfolio.
Results of the studies featuring PROMIS measures are available at www.pcori.org.
Evidence Supporting the Validity of HealthMeasures
HealthMeasures have substantial qualitative and quantitative evidence for their validity in a range of populations and for different purposes. Read more about validity for